Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Completely Random Crayon Art Post.

Okay, I know this has absolutely nothing to do with fitness or goals, but I did this crayon art the other day and I just had to share it SOMEWHERE.

You know those melty-crayon pictures you see on Pinterest all the time? I decided instead of melting the wax straight down, I wanted to make a circle shape.

I lined the sink thoroughly with paper towels -- you need to do this because the wax WILL splatter!




I glued the crayons in a circle on the board and then gently started melting using a low setting on the hair dryer. There were times were  I turned it on full blast for a few seconds to create more splatter effects. But you have to be careful doing that! I rotated the board slowly as I melted so the colors would blend together a little bit.


And here is the finished product, with a little bit of digital clean-up!!! 


I LOVE how this came out!!! The colors make me SO HAPPY lol. . . I will proudly display it on my wall.  I will definitely be making more of these too. The whole thing came together in less than an hour!

Have you ever done any crayon art? 

No comments:

Post a Comment