Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tried a NEW workout -- Boxing!!

I tried a new workout!!

Boxing!

I got to HIT THINGS!!

It was awesome!!!

I like exclamation points!

My friend Laura found out that we could do a trial class for free at a boxing gym in the Valley. Well, free is my favorite number, and I'm always down for trying a new type of workout.

I learned that hitting the heavy bag is SUPER FUN. I was literally laughing while doing it. Not sure if boxing is supposed to make you laugh? well it did. haha. My hands and arms were SORE the next day. I so wish I could afford to keep going there. Add it to the list of goals I will accomplish soon. :)

Here's some pics. Ignore my less than perfect form. It was my first time!! :D

I was trying not to laugh here

The teacher of the class wanted to get in on the pic :)



Have you tried any new workouts lately? 

If you don't work out, why not? Is it because you find working out boring? Have you tried different activities? Message me and we can talk. I can give you LOTS of options and ideas. 

3 comments:

  1. Regardless of the fact that I don't usually have time for the gym (nor a membership), I have trouble signing up for exercise classes because I always feel like I'll be the most out-of-shape person there and not be able to keep up. I have trouble exercising around other people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boxing is indeed a beautiful sport. Not only will it improve your physical and mental health, but also help you acquire a personal discipline that you can apply in everyday life. Anyhow, it's good that you enjoyed your trial class. I hope you’re still continuing this routine until now.

    Barbara Cales @ Legends Boxing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trying out new things is very exciting. Especially if it is a sport, like boxing. Boxing is very helpful in increasing your bone density, strengthening your stamina, and is a great outlet of stress. Anyway, are you still attending boxing classes? I hope you still are, and enjoying every minute of it. Cheers!

    Conrad Mills @ Toronto Top Team

    ReplyDelete